Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Ref.: QA/QC Technician
Job Title: QA/QC Technician
Salary / Package: Negotiable
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City: Diego Martin
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: QA/QC Technician
DATE: 31st October, 2018
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control- Creamery Novelties
WORKING HOURS: 7:00am to 4:00pm
ACCOUNTABLE TO: General Manager
To ensure all processes from the receipt of raw material to the storage and delivery of finished products are in compliance with stated quality standards and product specifications.
This position reports to the General Manager directly.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform sensory, physical, chemical and visual evaluation of raw material, in process and finished products following SOPs and specifications.
- Perform monitoring and measuring activities of product, process lines, freezer and chiller rooms to ensure products are being produced and stored in compliance with GMPs and according to specified requirements.
- Monitor employee behavior for adherence to company’s operating procedure and GMPs.
- Notify supervisor and/or employees if evaluation parameters are out of spec and corrective actions needed.
- Record data collected accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reagents and solutions for use in testing.
- Collect samples for microbiological testing.
- Provide support for investigations of internal and external non-conformities.
- Perform various laboratory test related to the product being produce.
- Assist in developing and maintaining raw material and finished product specifications.
- Perform calibration of testing equipment.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine solution strengths, production line yields and efficiencies.
- Cleaning and maintaining all equipment in the laboratory.
- Keeping work area clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform weekly trap inspections throughout the facility.
- Liaise with external service provider on management of pest control program.
- Ability to understand, record and communicate system problems and solutions.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other duties that as assigned by Management that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of the department, inclusive of the following:-
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognize as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programmes.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor.
- Degree in Chemistry, Science Technician Diploma or A Level Chemistry.
- Experience in a laboratory environment would be an asset
- Familiarity with quality/food safety programs eg GMPs, SSOP, HACCP, preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong math, statistical and analytical skills with ability to problem solve.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to work shifts, overtime, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lb (23kg)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, bend, reach, twist, stoop.
- Certificate of Character
Please note that this position is located at Creamery Novelties offices in Diego Martin.
We wish to thank all applicants for your interest; however please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.