Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Resin Converters Limited
Job Title: Blow Film Extrusion Operator
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Title: Blow Film Extrusion Operator
The Blow Film Extrusion Operator is generally accountable for creating the correct mix of material, basic trouble shooting of the machine, and maintaining a clean working environment on the Factory Floor. The Blow Film Extrusion Operator ensures that all film products are produced to the required customer and quality standards by monitoring the process of mixing the materials to the machine’s production of the finished goods.
- Follow start up and set up procedures including temperature settings and other controls
- Examine products in order to check for conformance to specifications; adjust settings as needed
- Ensures at all times that hopper loader bins are filled and hoppers are functioning
- Perform basic troubleshooting to ensure the machine is producing the finished product in accordance to the required specifications
- Monitors to see that the finished products obtained from the machines are matching the quality standards of the company; ensures that all finished products are free of specks, pin holes, perforations and any other defect which may deem the product substandard.
- Places correct units in boxes or otherwise as stipulated by the customer or Sales Department.
- Reports to the Production Supervisor and documents any non-conformance or other issues that will affect the operations.
- Reports any mechanical and/or electrical issues to the Production or Maintenance Supervisor
- Reports any mechanical and/or electrical issues to Quality Assurance Technician
- Maintains a report of the total amount of goods manufactured in a day from the machine on the shift
- Complies with all company policies, procedures, rules and guidelines
- Maintains a clean work environment by removing any clutter or unwanted items from the production area. Cleaning up spills and debris in machine areas.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Two (2) CXC Passes in Mathematics and English
- One or more years manufacturing experience is an asset
- Film Extrusion experience is also an asset
Accountability & Dependability- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Teamwork- Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
Reading Comprehension- Grasps the meaning of written information and applies it to work situations
Attention to detail- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small; monitors and checks work or information.
Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and devises and implements plan of action