Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Nursing Supervisor
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the Caura Hospital, North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
NURSING SUPERVISOR (CAURA HOSPITAL)
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting advanced professional and supervisory work in the nursing field at the Hospital.
- Supervises and reviews the operational activities of all Nursing staff engaged in the care and treatment of patients.
- Performs ward rounds, evaluate, inspect and review reports.
- Liaises with nursing staff on the condition and treatment(s) of patients.
- Oversees the classification of clients and assist in determining daily staffing requirements for each ward for effective patient care delivery.
- Facilitates the rotation of staff between wards/units to gain multi-functional experience and professional development.
- Manages work and leave schedules for subordinate staff.
- Supervises the implementation of the nursing process.
- Assists in formulating the annual budget for the Nursing Department.
- Assists with the administration of the Nursing Quality Improvement Team.
- Coaches, mentors and evaluates the performance of the Nursing Team.
- Investigates legitimate complaints and address or redirect to Client Feedback Systems.
- Collates information/statistics with respect to nursing activities in the assigned unit.
- Requisitions for reagents and disposal of unserviceable articles.
- Maintains inventories of stores (critical limits) and equipment, record receipt and issue of drugs.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing Administration.
- Certificate in any Post Basic training.
- A minimum of six (6) to seven (7) years nursing experience inclusive of two (2) years’ experience at the supervisory level.
- Current registration with the Nursing Council of Trinidad and Tobago in General Nursing.
- Experience in management training will be an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
December 4, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.