Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Tissues Limited
Job Title: Mechanical Services Technician – Lift Truck Maintenance
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
JOB DESCRIPTION: MECHANICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- To provide support to the maintenance team on equipment improvements and the daily maintenance efforts throughout the mill.
- To support the operations of the plant and perform maintenance duties to effectively meet departmental KPI’s w.r.t. safety, reliability, uptime, efficiency and cost.
- Reports to the Maintenance Superintendent or designate
- Work in a team environment with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform inspections and preventative and corrective work within specified timeframes to precision maintenance standards
- Remove/replace/repair mechanical components using precision maintenance techniques.
- Rebuild machinery assemblies/components to manufacturers standards/specifications and/or to precision maintenance standards
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems and take corrective action as required.
- Analyse problems and develop solutions to reduce occurrences of unplanned equipment shutdowns
- Provide training on precision maintenance topics to other team members
- Scope and plan jobs
- Perform general plumbing repairs and installations, as well as other facilities maintenance work as required
- Maintain housekeeping to mill standards
- Complete documentation as required by the department
- Adhere to and maintain the company’s Health and Safety policy and standards
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Any other duties as assigned by Maintenance Superintendent or designate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- MET certificate or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in Industrial Maintenance
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be able to read & understand drawings and handle measuring instruments.
- Must understand job planning, scoping, and schedule compliance.
- Must be able to train other mechanics in precision maintenance techniques.
- Must be able to install bearings on various equipment utilizing precision maintenance techniques.
- Have good working knowledge of lubrication principles.
- Good discipline and cooperation with others in a team based environment.
- Must be able to select suitable tools for tasks assigned.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skill with attention to detail.
- Good work ethic and flexibility to work overtime and “on call” as required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to contribute to continuous improvement techniques to improve output, quality and cost.