Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: HEALTH AND SAFETY ASSISTANT
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified staff members to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
HEALTH & SAFETY ASSISTANT
The incumbent should possess a well developed theoretical and practical knowledge of Health and Safety standards, its principles and practices.
- Conducts independent research.
- Maintains safety and health records in accordance with legal requirements and approved standards.
- Conducts independent statistical analysis.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and safety audits.
- Conducts routine safety inspections.
- Assists with conducting safety drills/trainings.
- Participates in periodic safety and health inspections of equipment and processes.
- Assists in the training and education of all staff on issues relating to Health and Safety.
- Prepares operational and/or informational reports, Technical reports and studies as requested or assigned.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual HSE reports and statistics.
- Provides service in a sensitive way to users of the service and be culturally sensitive in all personal decisions and actions.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organizational relationship.
Minimum Qualification, Training and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Minimum of one (1) year in a similar or related job function.
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Any equivalent qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
*Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
December 10, 2018
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.