Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Crews Inn Hotel & Yatching Centre
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION : Sous Chef
REPORTS TO: Executive Sous Chef
- The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production. The Sous Chef ensures that all food production workers are performing their duties as prescribed by the quality standards established by the Executive Chef. The Sous Chef assumes all the duties of the Executive Chef in the chef's absence.
- To ensure the preparation of food in accordance to organization standard as well as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Manages junior staff
- Portions and prepares food items according to menu.
- Responsible for all grilled, broiled, or roasted items prepared in the kitchen.
- Carving and portioning roasts, plating and garnishing cooked items, and preparing appropriate garnishes for broiled or roasted foods.
- Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station.
- Portions food items prior to cooking, such as steaks or fish fillets.
- Trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Natural drive to lead others
- Customer Service oriented
- Knowledge of HACCP procedures
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and innovative
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma from a recognized food service institute or related experience in the food service industry
- Hours of Work:
Your normal workweek shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis. However, from time to time you may be required to work longer hours.
- Allocation of Time:
It is the employee’s personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit of the Company.