Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential Limited
Job Title: Logistics & Distribution Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION ASSISTANT
The Logistics & Distribution Assistant is responsible for the coordination of imports and exports, distribution and any administrative functions, effectively managing the timely flow of order processing.
- Plan and coordinate with the Logistics & Distribution Manager to ensure all import/export activities are consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organization.
- Communicate with the shipping agencies, cargo agents and brokers to ensure shipments are cleared in a timely manner to avoid or reduce additional charges.
- Coordinate with transport haulers for container collection and deliveries.
- Receive shipments and prepare relevant reports. Verify shipments against purchase orders and examine upon arrival.
- Liaise with Customs for all AU Goods, upkeep of customs records for AU Stock and preparation of monthly AU Returns for customs.
- Plan and coordinate with Logistics & Distribution Manager to ensure effective and relevant logistic operation activities and transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organization and its suppliers and customers.
- Process customers’ orders by loading trucks and verify against invoices. As well as ensure that items loaded onto vehicles in a safe and timely manner.
- Trace, track and expedite all purchases.
- Create and maintain contact with vendors and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Plan and coordinate with the Logistics & Distribution Manager who has responsibility for Administration and provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Advanced Diploma or appropriate formal training in a related discipline.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.