Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential 22
Job Title: Category Buyer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position: Category Buyer
Job Type: Permanent
The incumbent is responsible for managing all purchasing activities, category management and merchandising to achieve annual gross profit dollar objectives for given group of product departments. The person is also responsible for ensuring that all company purchasing policies- quality standards, procurement, operating policies and code of conduct/ ethical behaviour is complied with.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop and implement a category management plan to achieve annual gross profit dollar objectives. Identify growth product categories.
- Review non performing skus and new products as part of the category management process.
- Marketing intelligence/ Competitive prices- Conduct price audits and competitive trade visits to ensure competitive prices and re-negotiate with suppliers where necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping of the Product Database file.
- Manage the purchasing process for a group of product departments - ensure all orders are placed on time, with the correct reorder quantities based on current stock and projected sales.
- Manage Purchasing Assistant.
- Conduct Performance evaluations for Purchasing Staff.
- Ensure communication with other key departments- Operations/stores and accounts.
- Managing holding stock policies to ensure the balance between overstocking (affect working capital) and out of stocks (resulting in lost sales and customers).
- Managing the delivery and shelf replenishment process to achieve sales and gross profit objectives.
- Utilize Management reports to identify slow moving, high stock items as wells as high velocity and A-line products and take the required action.
Managing the Supplier Relationship
- Develop and maintain vendor partnerships to ensure a relevant, innovative product range with reliable and consistent supply.
- Negotiate competitive terms and conditions with suppliers- rebates, discounts, deals.
- Monitor and evaluate suppliers based on: order fills, lead time, collecting expired or damaged goods as stipulated by Suppliers Policy terms and conditions, advertising and promotional support.
- Work with suppliers to fulfil the gondola and other income rentals that integrate with the promotional calendar.
- Manage the product mix given the store and customer profile.
- Develop a planogram to optimize shelf space based on the category plan.
- Creating exciting Hot Spots and displays to generate sales in the selected growth product categories.
- Negotiate special prices and deals to include in the promotional offers, and work with suppliers to co-ordinate in-store promotional activities with the marketing/promotional calendar. (E.g. Sampling, events etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- First Degree in Business Management or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in the Distribution or Retail Industry would be an Asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical skills and proficient in Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Excellent Customer Orientation skills
- Excellent Planning and Coordination skills
- Excellent Leadership skills
Resumes are to be emailed to: email@example.com