Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Electrical Industries Group Ltd
Job Title: HR Lead
Sector: HUMAN RESOURCES,RECRUITMENT/ TRAINING
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Human Resources Lead is required to assist in developing, supporting and implementing HR strategy to achieve Company’s objectives. The incumbent’s main function is to support the development of a high-performance culture and to drive efforts in making EIG an “Employer of Choice”. This role requires the incumbent to utilize a project management approach to planning, developing and executing deliverables and meeting established KPIs.
It is expected that the incumbent will be experienced in the following areas:
- Recruitment: Partner with managers to meet the requirements of the approved manpower plan by identifying suitable candidates for non-managerial roles based on required technical and behavioural requirements consistent with our Core Values.
- Orientation and Onboarding: Ensure all new employees are given a positive onboarding experience by effectively managing our Orientation and Onboarding Programmes in compliance with established procedures.
- Effectively Communicate and guide employee behaviour in support of our core values by developing, revising and effectively communicating our HR Policies and Procedures.
- Employee Relations: Support the ongoing operations of the business and harmonious employer/employee relationship by guiding employees and managers on issues concerning employment policy, procedure or practice and ensuring compliance with labour laws.
- Provide services to our employees related to our Employee Benefits Programmes: Coordinate the Employee Benefits Programmes portfolio which currently include Group Health/Life Plans/ Pension Plans/ EAP/ NIS/ Workmen's Compensation
- HR Reporting and Metrics to positively influence decision-making: Responsible for reporting, metrics and analysis of data to identify trends including but not limited to employee performance, time and attendance data, and propose recommendations of measures to effect improvement.
- HRIS & Time & Attendance: Support decision-making related to people programmes by maintaining accurate and updated records within our HR databases including the HRIS and other Systems/Applications and monitors and reports on Time & Attendance including highlighting significant data requiring action.
- Compensation Administration: Support the HR Manager in administering the Compensation Programmes in line with EIG's policies and practices including preparation of all correspondence for salary adjustments, promotions, transfers etc. and building of spreadsheets and databases as needed.
- Support EIG's objectives as a Learning Organisation by coordinating the Training & Development portfolio to enhance the functional and leadership capabilities within the business.
- Effectively coordinate the Company's Performance Management Process.
- Responsible for electronic and hardcopy database management and administration.
- Budgeting: Support the Group HR Manager in the timely and accurate preparation an monitoring of the Annual HR Department Budget.
- Engagement: Support and build our employee satisfaction levels by proactively coordinating Company events and engagement activities.
- Payroll Administration: Responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time by verification of monthly Payroll & Administration processes ensuring compliance to Company practices.
- Provides coaching and mentoring of subordinate staff
- Lead HR Projects as assigned.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety Culture within the company.
- Liaise with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.
- Compliance with all EIL Group Policies.
- Keep up to date with trends and Best Practices in Industrial Relations
- Keen business understanding and the ability to establish credibility and build relationships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze information with attention to detail
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills
- Organizational and Time Management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Practice and promote integrity and ethical behaviour
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 8 to 10 years’ experience in Human Resources
- A demonstrated record of at least 5 years in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of industrial relations and Labour Laws of Trinidad & Tobago
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office