Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Manager, Packinghouse
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH CENTRAL -PENAL,SIPARIA
Job Type: Permanent full-time
National Agricultural Marketing and Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO)
The National Agricultural Marketing & Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO) is seeking to recruit dynamic professionals to join our Team. Applications are invited from suitable qualified individuals to fill the following contract position:
The Manager, Packinghouse is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating all processing activities (receiving, selection, grading, packaging and storage) of post-harvest agricultural produce at the packinghouse facility of the Corporation, and thereafter, transporting and delivery of processed fresh and frozen produce by appropriate means to buyers. The Manager, Packinghouse is also accountable for the management and implementation of Food Safety Protocols at the facility according to accepted quality standards.
- Provide the strategic leadership and policy development proficiency for the department that would facilitate the attainment of departmental objectives in particular, and divisional objectives in general.
- Contribute to the development of an actionable and performance-driven Operational Plan, and Budget for the division and deliver upon the department’s objectives within the margins of the Operational Plan and Budget.
- Monitor and manage staff deliverables and report on the achievement of operational objectives as they relate to the department by consistently evaluating staff performance and providing feedback as and when required.
- Facilitate the achievement of standards regarding traceability and accountability by developing, implementing and maintaining a document management and control system.
- Facilitate entry of minimally processed produce into targeted markets by adhering to GMP practices and HACCP based protocols and standards, related to fresh and minimally-processed fruit and vegetables.
- Prepare and manage budgets for the department and facility.
- Manage and supervise all support staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical/Process Engineering, Food Technology or a related discipline.
- Training in Post-Harvest Management and Food Safety.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in the field.
- Valid Drivers Permit and a minimum of two (2) years driving experience.
- Any other relevant combination of qualification and experience would be considered
Applications together with copies of certificates and contact information should be submitted by Friday 18th January, 2019 and be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
The National Agricultural Marketing and Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO)
3 ¼ mm S.S. Erin Road, Debe
Electronic CV with full contact details can be sent to
UNSUITABLE/LATE/INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED