Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential Limited
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
TITLE: Finance & Administration Manager
The finance and administration manager both oversees the company's financial operations and reporting, as well as oversees the administrative portfolio of the organization.
- Supports the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of the company’s strategic plan, along with other members of the executive team, to ensure that the company’s mission and vision are fully realized.
- Surveys the company’s operations and business environment to ascertain business needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain best in class policies, procedures and systems to promote the company’s financial health and overall effectiveness.
- Establishes and implements a robust system of internal controls and quality mechanisms, inclusive of applicable policies and procedures, to promote the integrity and security of the company’s financial data.
- Leads the preparation of the annual budgets, ensuring all relevant income, recurrent expenditure and capital expenditure are included and are reflective of the strategic initiatives to be undertaken to achieve the company’s goals.
- Ensures that the financial statements/accounts are presented fairly, in all material respects, and/or give a true and fair view in accordance with the financial reporting framework for the year-end audit. to ensure that all financial statements/ accounts are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles/ guidelines
- Ensures the review/ analysis of the monthly and/or quarterly financial performance, expenses and variance reports, recommending or initiating corrective action, where necessary to support the achievement of the company’s goals.
- Ensures that monthly Management Accounts and other ad hoc reports are prepared for management and key stakeholders to facilitate effective monitoring and sound management decision making.
- Ensures that effective financial systems, policies and procedures are established and maintained to facilitate effective monitoring and sound management decision making.
- Ensures the review/ analysis of the Income, Expenses, Fixed Assets, Receivables and Payables Accounts to ensure the General Ledger and sub-ledgers have no material errors or omissions at monthly, quarterly and annual reporting periods.
- Facilitates compliance with statutory obligations by ensuring the correct rate of taxation is applied to relevant transactions and that the taxes, such as VAT, Business Levy and Withholding tax, are correctly accounted for the in the general ledger.
- Manages the Human Resource related activities of the team to ensure growth and development to achieve department objectives and sustainability.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, payables, receivables and other transactions.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Hands On with all accounting and administrative portfolios.
- Oversee the administrative portfolio of the organization.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Directors.
- Professional accounting designation (ACCA, CGA, CMA, CPA) or a first degree
- in Accounting or Finance from a recognized, accredited institution
- An MBA would be considered an asset
- Solid knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Package.
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of accounting.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior position in a
- Corporate Accounting Department, preferably in the manufacturing sector
- Proven competence in MS Office applications
SKILLS, ATTITUDE & BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong Strategic thinking perspective, inclusive of proven skills in strategy
- formulation and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed critical and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively with multi-faceted teams and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent business perspective
- Strong control orientation
- Detailed orientation
- Strong deadline orientation