Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAMCO Industries Ltd
Job Ref.: RIL-JA
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Salary / Package: Not disclosed
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: SAN FERNANDO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Management Accountant is responsible for management reports emanating from the Accounting Department.
Additionally, the position holder works with the Financial Accountant and the Financial Controller in maintaining strong Internal Controls to safeguard the assets of the Company and for ensuring via the position’s team members, the preparation of timely and accurate Reports.
Strict adherence to the Company’s Health Safety and Management System, the Occupational Safety and Health Act 2004 rev. 2006 and the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures governing the position is required at all times.
Key Accounting and Supervisory Functions
- Responsible for in the preparation of the Company’s Annual Budget as required before submission to the Group’s Financial Controller and the Company’s General Manager, in accordance with the agreed timeline by 31st July of every year.
- Submission of General Ledgers to all departmental managers by the 8th working day of the month.
- Preparation of the Budget Variance Reports for the various cost and revenue centres for the Company by the 14th working day of the month.
- Preparation of qualitative budget variance reports in accordance with the agreed timelines.
- Coordination of meetings with the various Departmental Managers to obtain explanations for the variances between budgets and actual.
- Preparation of the Departmental/ Segmented Monthly Financial Statements in accordance with the agreed timelines by the 25th working day of the following month.
- Prepares project cost forecasts/budgets and other cost incurred by the Company and ensures that proper mechanisms are implemented to track same on a real time basis.
- Works closely with Financial Accountant and the Financial Controller in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis for the respective divisions.
- Communicates with the Financial Accountant and the Financial Controller on a regular basis to address work related issues.
- Reviews, with the Financial Accountant and the Financial Controller, on a periodic basis the company’s internal controls to ensure that the Company’s assets are protected. These will include but not limited to:
- Timely and accurate bank and inventory reconciliations;
- Accuracy and timely deposit of cash and cheques received from sales;
- Physical verification of assets.
- Provides support and assistance as required to the Company’s Auditors in the conduct of annual external audit.
- Lends support to the Company’s Group Financial Controller and or the General Manager as and when required.
Payroll, Statutory Functions and Payment Functions
- Prepares bi monthly payrolls for verification by the Financial Accountant and then final approval of the Financial Comptroller in keeping with the scheduled due date.
- Verifies and approves weekly paid workers’ payroll, for submission to the Financial Controller for final sign off in keeping with the scheduled due date.
- Verifies commissions for selected weekly and fortnightly rated categories of employees for final approval of the Financial Controller.
- Verify, initials and submits to the Financial Controller and/or the General Manager invoices for final approval prior to the preparation of cheques.
- Preparation of a summary of the V.A.T. calculation for review/approval by the Financial Controller and prepares the VAT Return thereafter for review and approval of the Financial Controller.
- Submits the approved VAT Return to the Financial Accountant for timely payment (if relevant) and the submission of return to the Statutory Body five days before the 25th day of the month.
- Performs physical mid month and month end stock count of the company’s inventory including cylinders, LPG, C-store items.
- Assists the Financial Accountant, as requested, in the preparation of the Stock Report.
- Coordinate the Quarterly Garage Stock Count, prepares a variance report and investigates the variances with the designated person who has oversight for the operation of the garage and submits a report to the General Manager/Financial Controller within five (5) working days of the completion of the stock count.
Audits and Audit Files
- Preparation of the relevant Audit Schedules in keeping with the Company’s standard operating procedures for the preparation of the Annual Audit File.
- Liaises with the Company’s external auditors in a cordial and professional manner ensuring that they are provided with all the necessary information and support as requested.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
- Review of Foreign Travel Reports for accuracy before submission to the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of Spreadsheets regarding the renewal of All Insurance Policies for the Company on a timely basis.
- Works closely with the Financial Controller regarding the Company’s Insurances.
- Administers the Digicel Corporate Plan as it relates to – (Along with 3 other authorized persons)
- Ordering Handsets
- New activations
- Addition and Removal of users
- Units to be sent for Repairs
- Queries on the Account
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Prepare Performance Appraisals for selected members of the Accounting Team in keeping with agreed timelines.
Minimum Acceptable Academic/Technical/Professional Qualifications
- ACCA Qualified
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in financial and management accounting three of which must have been gained at the post qualification level.
Specific Skills/ Experience and/or Knowledge
- The ability to be an active team member.
- Supervisory skills.
- Practical accounting experience.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to interact with staff all levels throughout the Company.
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills and particularly strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work independently very organized and highly meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Management reserves the right to amend this document in keeping with the goals and objective of the company.