Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: The Management Resource Limited
Job Ref.: Microfinance
Job Title: Country Manager - Microfinance
Salary / Package: Undisclosed
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Our client, a leading regional microfinance institution is looking for a Country Manager - Microfinance for their operations in either Antigua or St. Lucia.
The Country Manager-Microfinance is responsible for the development and maintenance of client relationship, credit strategies aligned with the business plan to achieve desired revenue, expense and service goals. The incumbent will oversee all functions and staff within the market and create a warm, welcoming and customer centric environment. Core functions include but are not limited to:
- Financial management of the branch; development of branch strategy, budgets and financial controls to meet strategic plans and objectives; ensuring capital is deployed profitably and prudently within established limits and defined policies.
- Ensuring safe, sound and timely underwriting practices
- Managing collections strategy and ensuring delinquency rates are within established targets0
- Providing strong and compassionate leadership
- Monitoring and controlling risks; conducting reviews and audits
- Overseeing market activities
- A Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) or Master’s Degree in Management, Economics, Banking, Finance, Accounting or related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years related work experience in insurance, banking, accounting or related field in a senior management capacity.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, analytical problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Candidates must have very good Technical skills as most communication throughout the region is done remotely. In addition to technical skills, candidates must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- All employees, especially in higher level positions, work independently. Therefore, candidates should be self-motivated, self-driven and willing and able to take ownership of any given project.
- We focus heavily on attitude and personality; therefore, candidates in any given position should possess excellent customer service skills as well as being sales driven.
- Most recent Evaluation from last/current employer should be provided for any candidate going to the final round of interviews.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours with a startup mentality and pays close attention to detail
The candidate in addition to salary will receive bonus incentives, health and allowance
Candidate MUST be willing to relocate to St. Lucia/Antigua