Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Title: Heavy T Driver
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The job portfolio entails deliveries of deliveries of Food Stock Items to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Mini Marts throughout Tobago. This position requires physical fitness and endurance. They must adhere to the company’s policy and must report any issues that arise promptly to Management.
Reports directly to General Manager and Operations manager
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in offloading goods during deliveries and ensuring that the goods given are in excellent condition and not damaged or defaced in and way.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties as assigned by the Manager that may be deemed essential for the effective functioning of the Department; inclusive of the following:-
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognise as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programs.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- 3-5 years’ experience driving Heavy vehicles
- Physically Fit.
- Must be service oriented
- Pleasant Disposition and Well Mannered
- Team Player
- Be in full uniform with exceptional personal hygiene.
- Follow food safety rules
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work long hours and holidays
- Maintain documents needed to ensure efficient operation of deliveries
- Drive vehicle in a safe manner and always with seat belts on.
- Reports incidents, accidents and vehicle maintenance problems immediately to manager
- Ensure food items to be returned must be documented and relevant person informed.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out directives given.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers
- Customer service experience.
- Should be a good team player and possess the ability to effectively manage time.
- Should have good interpersonal skills for negotiations with customers.
- Three CXC Levels subject.
- Certificate of Character
- Valid Driver’s License
- Defensive Driving Certificate
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Food Truck Drivers are required to engage in activities such as bending, lifting, turning and
repetitive motion. Also must be alert when driving and requires catching motion when offloading trucks. It is essential that all HSSE policies and procedures are followed in an effort to create a safe working environment. Activities such as bending, lifting, climbing etc. Must be done in the correct manner. Employees must wear Personal Protective Equipment to ensure that any risk to self, others and or property is minimized.