Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER
Sector: Sector not found!
Location: PORT OF SPAIN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) is a special Purpose State Enterprise established by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to manage the delivery of assigned infrastructure projects in the drainage and flood control, reclamation, highway and transportation sectors. NIDCO is inviting applications for the following position:
The candidate will provide project management services (plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes co ordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Project Manager will also define the project\\\'s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle), provides technical direction to clients, consultants and contractors, conducts designs and /or design reviews, prepares and/ or makes recommendations on tender documents, and acts as technical advisor to the Vice President Engineering and Programme Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare conceptual/ preliminary designs, and tender documents
- Conducts reviews of designs and tender documents to ensure that final designs are complete and meet project requirements.
- Supervision of design consultants, design review consultants and contractors
- Review consultants\\\' and contractors\\\' outputs, monitor progress and ensure compliance with quality standards
- Conduct inspection tours with the funding agencies\\\' agents
- Develop and prepare prequalification criteria
- Participate and conduct evaluation of contractors and consultants
- Coordinate with Government and quasi-government bodies.
- Responsible for prioritization of projects based on advice from the Client
- Prepare draft contract agreements
- Attend meetings with Contractors/ Consultants- forthnightly, monthly as required
- Attend meetings with other Government Ministries
- Prepare various project management and engineering reports inclusive of reports for Government Ministries as required
- Supervision of junior engineers and other technical and administrative staff
- Develop full scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Plan and schedule projects timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- Post Graduate training in Project/ Construction Management is desirable
- Specialism in Transportation/ Traffic or Geotechnical Engineering is desirable
- Minimum 10 years experience in Project Management/ Engineering/ Construction Management
- Considerable knowledge of the Construction Sector
- Considerable knowledge of Project Management
- Extensive experience in management of large infrastructural and or transportation projects will be an asset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment is crucial
- Technical competence in various software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCad/ AutoCad civil 3D is highly desirable
This vacancy is closed.
Back to search page.
Search your sector of interest